Wednesday 27 November 2013

out in the world

By the age of 5 weeks, most of my litters of puppies have already spent quite a lot of their days outdoors in the garden pen.  This year the weather turned very cold just as the puppies moved downstairs so I held off a few days before putting them out and then they only went out for a few minutes. 

Since then they have been going out each day but only for a little while.  In fact, approximately the length of time it takes me to clean out the indoor pen.  What I ever did with earlier litters of puppies when it rained I cannot remember!  I shall have to have a browse back through the blog to find out - I distinctly remember the Monta puppies got rained on a lot. They were in and out of the outdoor pen so often that I wanted to install a revolving door in my lounge.

Anyway, the Pippuri puppies don't last long out in the garden because at this age they get tired quickly and it's too cold to leave them out there for a snooze.  But in the meantime they have a blast.  Straight away they were full of confidence.




In other news...  I see that some of you have already spotted that there is a new, final poll.  Final!?  How have we managed to get to the point where we are planning final anythings with these puppies? Nevertheless, it's true - the puppies will be weighed for the last time this week.  So the final poll is this:  Who will be the biggest at 5 weeks old?  Will Mini maintain her superior size or will one of the boys finally steal her crown?  You have until Friday to vote.


No comments: