Thursday 4 September 2008

the dogs - 5 weeks old

My talented friend Pia took some amazing photos of Toni's Border Collie puppies. Sadly, I have neither the baby blankets nor the patience to attempt such photos of my puppies, although they deserve it... and I'm certain they would be every bit as cute as BCs!

And, hell, I certainly don't have the time. Folks, I could not even manage to get any standing poses today.

There will be no weight updates tomorrow, alas, as I've been weighing the pups on my postage scales and they don't go much beyond 2 kgs.

So, at last, given below for your ooh-ing and aah-ing pleasure are the boys at 5 weeks (and their proper names) and the girls below that. All the puppies have the special middle name 'Monta', meaning 'many' in Finnish in honour of being the largest litter of Lapphunds ever born in the UK.

Tarmo - formerly known as Big A
A lovely sounding name I nicked from Paula & Adam (thanks, guys) which I think suits the Big Guy. Although he was never as heavy as Suck Monster, he has always been the biggest. Our gentle giant who watches all the madness going on around him and sits up on his hind legs to bat at your fingers with his enormous white paws. The best wagger in the bunch.




















Jaska - formerly known as Suck Monster
The heaviest boy of all, noted for his bright white toes and handsome face markings. Our clever boy who very quickly learned that yapping would get all faces turned in his direction. Yeah, we're trying to discourage that behaviour now... such a clever puppy should have no problem learning to be more quiet...




















Rauhan - formerly known as Chew
The small boy who has lots of tan face markings like his dad. Born with his knee in his mouth, he still likes to chew his own feet. We hope he'll leave this little habit behind when he goes off into the world. Looks for the world like a little bear when he's on his back with paws waving in the air and ears flapping.




















Tarkka - formerly known as Right Paw and Little Arrow
The monkey whose antics are out-naughtied only by Maija. Has learned to jump up onto the box they play with and stands up there taking swipes at all comers as the girls try to knock him off. Likes to pull the corner of the vet bed over him to sleep covered up.

2 comments:

Jo Ross said...

Looks like I will need to pick Tarkka up a small pet blanket so he can snuggle up at night when he comes home think I saw them at last show and they match the vet bed I have.
Tarkka you are just a spoiled as Josh - who has even put aside a football for you - very honored.

Jennifer said...

Oh, by the time he leaves here I'm sure he'll be shoving the vet bed out of his way like every other Lappy!