Friday 6 January 2012

modelling


Lapphunds have appeared as models and/or stars in a few places. Early on in their history in the UK, Neka's and Keskiyo's granny Echo graced the bag of Purina dog food. A few Lappies have appeared on television in one thing or another. Now a Lappy has become the face of a brewery.  That's right, I said a brewery - and, not only that, but he's had a drink named for him as well.

During my trip to Shropshire with Keksi I spent some time with Liz, Ian & Usko, although we did take some care to keep Usko & Keksi apart, for obvious reasons. On my departure, they very kindly gifted me with a jar of Liz's wonderful chutney and a couple of bottles of "Usko's Nog", dark ale brewed by The Laughing Lappy Brewery (otherwise known as Ian). The Laughing Lappy Brewery label features a very fetching photo of Usko, the quintessential laughing Lappy.

I don't partake of such things, but it did smell very nice and Jay assures me it was quite delicious. A worthy ale to be promoted by a Lapphund, we say.




















And, speaking of models, Keskiyo - who is never one to willingly miss out on anything, least of all a photo session - was wondering why I was bothering to photograph boring old bottles when he was available and a more than willing subject.

















2 comments:

Linda Almond said...

Very interesting Jennifer (as always) and even more so to see such a lovely photo of such a handsome Keskiyo. You know I have a real soft spot for him. Best wishes to you, Jay and all furry friends for 2012. Linda (Almond)

Jennifer said...

Thanks Linda. Happy new year to you all too!