Tuesday 24 January 2012

and then...

Yesterday's post was written last week.  What can I tell you, the commitment to post 5 days a week requires advance planning (kinda like that "spontaneity" I was referring to earlier).

Anyway, shortly after writing that post I was looking closely at Keksi's ever-expanding waistline and thinking to myself that I must be feeding her too much.  Then I said to one or two people that if I had to guess, I'd guess yes.

And so on Sunday up the A303 Keksi & I went for her to be scanned by the very helpful Kath.  And it's confirmed:  we're having puppies!  Cue much whooping & dancing.  Well, one whoop and a little shuffle, anyway.  That's about all the energy I can muster, I'm afraid, regardless of how good the news.  Jay was away for a week & I've been taking care of 4 dogs on my own with not enough sleep or time to fit everything in, so there was actually very little in the way of dancing, in truth.

The scan says "five, or at least five", which was the same prognosis as for Keksi's last litter of seven.  So the new waiting begins to see how many will arrive.  It could actually be fewer than 5 because a bitch can re-absorb foetuses if they are not viable.  But I'm remaining confident of the "at least five". 

This is what I'm looking foward to in about a month's time - content mum & babies taken 24 hours after their birth last time:

Keksi with the Persikka litter, 1 day old

4 comments:

Anna (South Molton St Style) said...

Oh wow, these are going to be adorable xxx

South Molton St Style

Ian said...

I'll add another whoop! from Shropshire :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks! They are pretty cute.

Linda Almond said...

How lovely, hope all goes well with Keksi and pups over the gestation period and following birth. Look forward to seeing updates and photos in due course.