Thursday 23 July 2015

mobility

Working long hours is playing havoc with my blog.  I can't believe I am only managing 2 updates a week.  This is the worst documented litter of puppies I've had.   

Rest assured I have been taking photos - just not quite managing to get them edited and posted.  You'll just have to take my word for it how cute the puppies are.

Naw, just kidding.  This is how Emmi is doing - great!  She often nurses sitting up now with her puppies in a skirt around her.

Emmi with her puppy skirt





















Nose & toes

Kisses

Yaaawwwn





































Since the last update, lots has been happening in the whelping box:  No longer content to crawl around on their bellies, they have been hoicking themselves to their feet to lurch around the box.  Andy hit the 1-kilo mark.  Roger was the first to open his eyes at 11 days old, quickly followed by Stan and then Serena and Andy.  Little Novak was the last, opening his today at 13 days. 

Now that they can see, the fun really starts as they begin to interact with each other, playing bitey-face (or bitey-tail, as the case may be).  They are also learning to bark and growl, and today someone even had a little howl.

Although I don't manage to post here as often as I would like, you can always check out what happening over on Instagram.  I do manage to post a pic or two there each day. 

And I was just lucky enough to catch this funny video today.  In the beginning you can hear Tuuli in her normal position, whining at the top of the stairs, until Jay calls her away.  She has been absolutely frantic to see the puppies.  I'm looking forward to getting them downstairs so she can have access to them and see what she thinks of them then. 

Later in the video you can see Stan is stuck behind Emmi.  But these days, getting stuck doesn't result in panicked squawking that brings me running to the rescue.  These days, they can rescue themselves.




No comments: