Friday 17 December 2010

bellies

I got the eye poll up just in the nick of time - this morning the first puppy had opened his/er eyes and it was none of the ones I thought it might be! Now before you go rushing off to change your vote in the poll, I don't necessarily include in the list the puppies I think will win the poll. Having said that, I don't necessarily not include them either. I do a bit of both, different things, different polls. Just to keep it interesting, y'know.

And, not to be outdone, tonight another puppy has opened his eyes and 2 more are showing tiny slits. So I expect to see lots of eyes tomorrow.

I love this stage of the puppies' development; everyday a milestone. And they're really rocketing around the box now. As soon as they can see they'll be lifting unsteadily onto their feet and lurching around the box crashing into each other and the sides as they learn to use their little legs. Hopefully I'll catch it all on video.

In the meantime, they are starting to sleep on their backs, exposing their bellies, which is a typical Lappy puppy pose. Here's today's row of puppies at different times.




Belly: Budgie










Bellies: Junior & Marilyn

No comments: