Friday 21 May 2010

lappy walk pics

After bearing a little criticism from Jay last night for not posting photos yesterday, I thought I'd better get on with it now. I did say to check back 'later'. Well, this is 'later'. Just more 'later'.

And so, a few shots from the SFLS Lappy walk last Sunday. It was so great to see so many of Neka's kids and even one of the grandkids. There was a very sweet joyful reunion between Usko & his beloved granny which I would have loved to capture on video. Did I? Of course not.

As expected, the weather wasn't exactly wonderful, but we didn't have more than a short, very light drizzle either, so no one was complaining. Predictably, my less-terrible camera was at work, so I had only the more-terrible one to take photos.

I know that I have many excuses for my dreadful photos, and that particular one is my excuse for today. Sheesh, how do animal photographers do it? (Well, for one thing they have much more expensive cameras with much quicker shutter speeds. Even in digital.)
















Front L-R: Katie with Sukka, Emma with Rauhan, other Emma with Taito, Matilda & Isabelle sharing a very svelte looking Taika, Emily with Kaija, Daniel with Keksi, Jim with Ismo.
Back L-R: Jay with Maija & Neka, Ian with Ben, Liz & other Ian with tiny Usko













Dogs L-R: Ben (with no head, oops), Taika, Taito, Maija, Neka, Ismo, Keksi, Kaija (lying in front), Usko (in Ian's arms at the back), Sukka & Rauhan.

It's difficult see anything from these group shots, of course, so I did try to take a few of individuals as well. Some are, ahem, better than others and most were taken in the car park - not the best of backdrops.




Kaija with Keksi in the background










Keksi














Rauhan
















Rauhan's big sis Sukka











Maija & Taika











At the pub later, Taito illustrates that famous gentle Lappy temperment as Usko takes advantage of his much bigger uncle. I wonder which way the size difference will go when they next meet...







A lovely day, as you can imagine, and I really ought to give a big shout out to the wonderful pub that Emma & Andrew discovered where we had lunch. If only I could remember where it is and/or what it's called...

As for the dogs, as you may well have guessed from the photos, they're all on strict diets in anticipation of the upcoming shows.

No comments: