Sunday 24 June 2018

heading out of skye

If you don't like mountains and blue skies then scroll right to the bottom for the obligatory dog shots.

You might have guessed there would be another dog or two involved in my Scotland trip.  After my 2 days of hiking on Skye, I woke up early to make the 5+ hours' drive to see Wendy, Scott, Hunter, Karhu & Tux at their home in a lovely village near Glasgow.

As I left Skye behind, the weather got ever better, and by the time I reached Fort William and Glencoe, it was truly glorious.  I stopped at Loch Lomond for a much-needed coffee.  I had intended to stop there for breakfast, but the heavy traffic in the Glencoe area put paid to that plan.  By the time I reached my destination at Loch Lomond, breakfast was over but lunch was still a way away.  So I had a quick coffee in the blazing sunshine loch-side then got to Wendy's for lunch.

Last view of the Cuillin

Typical Skye road views

Southern Skye

Hills for days

Glencoe way

Good car window shot

Best car window shot of the trip

Coffee break at Loch Lomond

You may know about Wendy from her great blog Thankfifi.  If you like fashion, lifestyle & dog blogs you won't find a better one - check it out.

We did all the stuff that we do when I visit Wendy & Scott - cafe visits, brunch out, dinner in, gin & tonic, dog walk, dog talk and gossip - but this time we did it all with almost-1-year-old Hunter as well.  Can I just say what an amazingly easy baby he is!  Absolutely good as gold the whole time I was there (which was a little less than 24 hours, it's true, but still.)

I had a couple of nice photos of the dogs and a really great photo of Wendy & Hunter, but somehow I have lost them from my phone.  Deleted them, obviously - how careless can you get (insert sad face emoji).  I also lost the cute photo of Tux giving Hunter a little kiss.  Those two are adorable together.

Karhu looking distinguished mid-conversation

Tux with toy




No comments: