Thursday 19 July 2018

6 weeks old

It wasn't easy getting photos today.  For one thing, it's always hard!  I know, I make it look easy, right?  Riiiight...

Leggo of my tail!

But, as you see, it's not easy, not ever.  Well, almost not ever.  Puppies run, wiggle, jump, bite and generally mess about.  Posing safely on a table?  That's definitely not in their standard repertoire.

For another thing, it was 27°C this afternoon when we were trying to get these shots.  What do you suppose Finnish Lapphund puppies think about that kind of temperature?  Even when they're in the shade and there is a nice breeze?  And remembering that these puppies' absolute favorite thing ever is the frozen water bottle.  Exactly.

But we persevered, as we do on a weekly basis, dedicated as we are.  I was wishing I had put my shorts on before starting, though.  Luckily there are only 3 of them to contend with, so it all took only about one and a half hours 30 minutes.  Ish.

Patty




Is this my good side?

LaVerne




If I flap my ears, do you suppose I'll fly?

Maxene




It's not so bad, this bottom brushing

Their ears are all going up already.  In fact, LaVerne looks like hers will be almost completely up before she even leaves here.  Such cooperative ears are not completely unheard of in this house, but it is still a bit of a novelty.

Next week they will have their new names and be getting ready for the next big adventure.  Assuming I find the time to get the puppy packs together in the next fortnight, that is.


No comments: