Monday 11 May 2009

tarkka's big day

At the National show on Saturday, Jo and Tarkka really outdid themselves. All that work they've been doing is paying off and he looked fabulous, taking 3rd place in a big Junior Dog/Bitch class and Best Puppy in Breed.

Here's the delectable boy on his grooming table getting brushed followed by a rather grainy one of him with a big grin & Jo in the puppy group ring. No doubt, the lady showing the black dog in the right of the photo would not be thanking me! You can see why many show people wear black.







































Tarkka looked fantastic in the big ring competing in the Puppy Group. Alas, that judge didn't have the same good taste! We are philosophical about these things - Lappies placing in the groups at Champ shows are still pretty rare. There have been a very few Lappies placing in the main group at Champ shows, but Tarkka's dad Keskiyo was the first Lapphund to place in the Puppy Group at a Champ show and, as far as I'm aware, he's still the only one.

Nevertheless, Jo can be very proud of their performance, and here's the proof.



Next weekend, another show. In Edinburgh. For those of you who don't know that I live in Devon, or indeed where Devon and/or Edinburgh are, this is the journey I will be making starting Thursday morning. I've done it before; a few times, in fact, and it takes me about 8 hours in total. I simply cannot do it in one day, though, so I'm setting off on Thursday for a Saturday show. Big thanks to Wendy, Scott & Karhu in Glasgow for offering to put up me & the dogs. Do you suppose they know what they're letting themselves in for?

I'm taking Inko with me as well as a bald Keskiyo and a balding Neka. Well, I couldn't leave 4 dogs here for Jay to manage all by himself while I swan off to Scotland for the weekend with nothing but one small dog, could I?

Or could I?

2 comments:

Toni Jackson said...

Hi dont forget Kaisa got G2 in Puppy group at Bournemouth:)

Jennifer said...

Yes, I did forget! Ah well, it was a nice record while it lasted LOL