Wednesday 3 June 2009

visit to wigan

No matter my good intentions, and no matter how much dog-related stuff I have going on, apparently 5 posts a month is my limit, since that's what I've managed for the last 5 months. Unless there are puppies in the house, of course, then there's urgent daily news which simply cannot wait.

We're off to Southern Counties show this weekend which is always fun as we have a Finnish judge and a Rare Breeds class, to boot. It usually draws a large entry and I get to see people I only see once or twice a year. This time Jay & I are trying to get a couple of extra days away at the same time to stay with Jay's parents and meet up with a puppy person or 2. We are so very grateful to Jay's parents for always welcoming us with sincerity and good grace, 4 dogs and all. And, in fact, I'm pretty sure we've turned up with 5 dogs before too.

But in the meantime, there is much to catch up on.

On the drive down from Scotland, I stopped by for a quick visit with Sandra and Jaska. I was so excited to see him as it was my first glimpse since he was a tiny puppy. As always, it was difficult to get a photo in all the excitement.

Showing off, perched on the arm of the sofa, leaning on his arm in the manner of his funny mum. He bears quite a resemblance to both Neka and his sister Maija, I think.



















Begging for treats with his big sister Kia (right). Kia and Jaska's sire Keskiyo are practically brother and sister: Their sire is Lecibsin Hapmi, and Keskiyo's dam (Elbereth Toive) is litter sister to Kia's dam, Elbereth Enkeli. So it's no wonder the two of them have such similar markings.



















Finally, here is a very handsome and smiley Jaska sitting in their palatial outdoor pen. I'm so impressed with that pen and would secretly quite like to have one. Now, where would I put it, I wonder? Do you suppose I actually need a front drive? A garage? I'm sure I could find space somewhere.

No comments: